Your interaction with the outside world defines your self-worth. Unfortunately, a dental flaw can kill your self-esteem and affect every aspect of your life, including your relationships. Dental problems like tooth discoloration or broken teeth will make you feel like smiling on the inside, having the temptation to cover your mouth for people not to see your problem. Keith Bram DDS is a professional dentist who has expertise in cosmetic dentistry and will take you through the benefits of various cosmetic procedures. The specialist will also guide you towards a plan that best suits your aesthetic needs.
Cosmetic Dentistry 101
Cosmetic dentistry is professional oral care that focuses on improving your teeth’ natural appearance. The treatment can give you a better smile, especially if you have crooked, misshapen, or misaligned teeth that affect your smile’s beauty.
The types of cosmetic procedures your dentist is likely to recommend include:
- Veneers. Dental veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain or resin caps your dentist will use to cover your tooth’s front surface to enhance your appearance. The wafer-thin caps that look identical to your natural teeth resolve multiple cosmetic issues including noticeable teeth gaps and damaged enamel. During the procedure, your dentist will use a dental adhesive to apply the veneer to your tooth’s front.
- Teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is among the least expensive cosmetic procedures your dentist will recommend. The treatment involves removing tartar, plaque, and other debris from your tooth surface before whitening them with a bleaching agent for your teeth to attain a brighter shade of their original color.
- Dental implants. Implants are permanent replacements your dentist will recommend to replace your missing teeth. Your doctor will use titanium posts into your missing tooth’s bone socket to act as your tooth’s roots and hold it in position. During the healing process, your jawbone grows around your titanium ‘root’ and anchors it carefully in place. The procedure is a recommendation when you have a missing or lost tooth.
- Dental crowns. Crowns are tooth-shaped caps your dentist will use to cover your damaged tooth to protect and strengthen it. Dental crowns can address several dental issues including fractured, misshapen, and discolored teeth.
- Composite bonding. The treatment prompts your dentist to repair your damaged teeth using materials that resemble your enamel. During the process, your dentist will drill out your tooth’s affected portion before applying the composite material. The expert will then sculpt the material to the proper shape before curing it with a special high-intensity light.
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetics Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry has various benefits. Apart from improving your looks, treatments like implants will restore your teeth’ functions and allow you to enjoy your favorite foods. Other benefits of the treatment include:
- Improved appearance. Dental flaws will prevent you from showing off your smile and affect how you interact with others. Cosmetic dentistry, however, will rejuvenate your look, making your chipped teeth look whole.
- Improved self-confidence. Treatments like bonding enhance the look of your damaged teeth, making you feel confident about your smile.
- Enhanced dental health. Apart from your appearance, cosmetic dentistry also protects you against future dental problems.
There are various solutions your dentist will use to fix your smile, depending on your aesthetic needs. Do not feel dissatisfied with your smile when you can have the experts help you out. Contact the expert dentists today and discuss the best cosmetic treatment that suits you.