Burgers have always been a staple of fast food chains all over the world. The classic combination of meat, bread, and toppings has been a crowd-pleaser for decades. However, with so many fast food chains serving burgers, the question remains: which one makes the best burger?
- McDonald’s is perhaps the most iconic fast food chain in the world, and their burgers are no exception. The classic Big Mac is a fan favorite, with its two beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, and sesame seed bun. However, we found that the beef patties lacked flavor and were a bit too thin. The toppings and sauce were the saving grace burgers fell short in terms of beef quality and flavor.
- Claim to fame is their flame-grilled burgers, which are supposed to give them a unique smoky flavor. The Whopper is a classic, with its flame-grilled beef patty, sesame seed bun, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and mayo. We found that the beef patty had a nice charred flavor and but it was a bit dry and lacked juiciness. The toppings and sauce were good the burger overall could have been better.
- The best burgers in Singapore are known for their “fresh, never frozen” beef patties and which are supposed to give their burgers a superior taste. Dave’s Single is their classic burger, with a beef patty, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, and mayo. Found that the beef patty was indeed juicy and flavorful, with a nice sear on the outside. The toppings and bun were also of good quality to make Wendy’s burgers a strong contender in the burger battle.
- Cult favorite on the West Coast, with fans raving about their “secret menu” burgers. The Double-Double is their classic burger, with two beef patties, two slices of American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and their signature spread. Found that the beef patties were juicy and flavorful, with a nice crispy edge. The toppings were fresh and the bun was soft and fluffy. In-N-Out Burger’s burgers lived up to the hype and were definitely one of the best we tried.
- Newer players in the fast food burger game, but they’ve quickly gained a following for their customizable burgers and freshly cut fries. The regular burger comes with two beef patties, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, and mayo. We found that the beef patties were juicy and had a nice beefy flavor. Toppings were fresh and the bun was soft and held up well to the juicy burger. Five Guys’ burgers were definitely some of the best we tried.
We found that the best fast food chain burger was a tie between In-N-Out Burger and Five Guys. Both chains had juicy, flavorful beef patties, fresh toppings, and good-quality buns. Strong contender, thanks to their fresh, never frozen beef patties. McDonald’s and Burger King fell short in terms of beef quality and flavor.