Which Science Subject Should You Pursue in Your Graduation?
Pursuing science in your higher secondary course was enough to make you decide that you are going to continue the subject at your graduation. After the completion of your 12th standard examination, you are confused about which subject you should choose for your BSc degree.
An Introduction to Bachelor of Science (BSc)
BSc or Bachelor of Science is the undergraduate degree course that comprises three years of course study. It is very popular course choice among science students. The course is the foundation course for scholars to make their careers in the science domain.
There is a varying range of Science subjects in the majority of universities. Some popular BSc courses that college learners can choose to pursue upon completing their 12th examination are mentioned here:
- BSc in Physics
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Biology
- BSc in Mathematics; and more
Candidates can pursue either honors or a general BSc course. The course is apt for scholars who have a strong determination and interest in the Science subject. The course benefits students to pursue interdisciplinary careers in science in their future. After the completion of the BSc degree, aspirants can opt for an MSc degree to secure themselves a promising career. If you are looking for BSc colleges in Chhattisgarh, it is imperative to understand the eligibility criteria first.
Eligibility criteria for BSc courses
If you want to pursue a BSc course, you have to meet the eligibility criteria. Aspirants must clear their Class 12th in the Science stream with a minimum of 50 to 60 percent from one of the recognized boards. You should note that the minimum percentage of marks vary from one college to the other. If you want to get a chance in the renowned colleges, securing a first-class result in your 12th standard should be your priority.
Skills needed to pursue a BSc course
These are the skills you need to enhance if you want to pursue a BSc degree in science.
- Observation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Logical skills
- Scientific skills
- Research skills
- Experimental skills
Recruitments and Job Profiles
These are the Recruitments and Job Profiles that a BSc degree can offer:
- Research Scientist: You can become a research scientist and undertake & analyze information from laboratory experiments as well as investigations.
- Scientific Assistant: As a scientific assistant, the professional’s responsibility is to offer complete support to scientists in the work of research.
- Treasury Specialist: If you want to become a treasury specialist, you are responsible for increasing organizations’ profitability. You need to assess their periodic liquidity requirements and invest excess cash.
- Market Research Analyst: If you want to become a market research specialist, you must research and gather important data to help the company market the service and products.
- Quality Control Manager: Want to become a quality control manager? Remember that you have to ensure that the company’s products meet the quality and efficiency standards. The BSc colleges in Chhattisgarh would help you to establish a good platform from where you can advance your career.
Other job possibilities that a BSc degree can offer you are Statistician jobs, educational prospects, Technical Writing, Lab Chemist jobs, and more.