Peripheral artery disease (PAD) is painful and can have complications like amputation, if left unchecked. Dr.Rishin Shah has been delivering the best care for all patients with peripheral artery disease in Frisco, Allen, and Plano, Texas, for over a decade. The practice focuses on the use of advanced treatments to avoid further complications to your circulatory system.
What is Peripheral Artery Disease?
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) is a medical condition that occurs when plaque accumulates in the arteries to reduce blood circulation. PAD restricts the flow of blood to your feet, legs, toes, arteries, and other parts in your body resulting in leg pain with exertion or rest.
You are likely to experience aching pain, numbness, feeling of cold, weakness, and heaviness in legs. You could also get symptoms like dry and discolored skin, cramping, and wounds that do not heal after a couple of weeks.
Risk Factors for Peripheral Artery Disease
Risk factors for peripheral artery disease include:
- High blood pressure
- Being over age fifty
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Tobacco use
PAD can lead to the development of leg and foot sores that might get infected and require critical limb ischemia or amputation in severe cases when left untreated. Peripheral artery disease is also associated with restricted blood flow to the heart and increased risk of heart disease and can lead to heart attacks and cardiac insufficiency.
Treatment for Peripheral Artery Disease
Dr. Shah drafts customized treatment plans and gives a wide range of efficient treatments for peripheral artery disease including;
- Minimally invasive procedures opening blockages when necessary
- Lifestyle changes like exercise and dietary adjustments
- Supervised walking therapy
- Physical rehabilitation
When you visit the center, Dr. Shah evaluates your condition based on symptoms and other factors like medical and family history. Your treatment plan commences with lifestyle adjustments and proceeds to develop a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise, stress-relief, and frequent consumption of a nutrient-based diet that keeps PAD at bay.
In most cases, the minimally invasive treatment restores the flow of blood to your feet and legs to prevent amputation. Dr. Shah offers minimally invasive procedures like;
- Stent- A metal support is used to keep an artery open all through
- Atherectomy- is effective in the removal of plaque from the artery.
- Balloon angioplasty- a tiny tube resembling an IV is placed in your blood vessel to crush blockage to the sides and improve blood flow.
Why Should I Visit Prime Heart and Vascular?
- Compassionate care- Prime heart vascular delivers empathetic care for first time and subsequent clients.
- State of the art equipment- Prime heart and vascular use state of the art equipment to run conclusive tests. The caregivers are motivated to seek advancements in the treatment of PAD.
- Highly experienced- most Prime Heart and Vascular Team members have an experience of more than ten years.
- Patient-centered care- Dr.Rishin Shah is committed to developing a positive, welcoming, and compassionate environment for all patients. The core values of Dr. Shah are Hhspitality, empathy, enthusiasm, attitude, respect, and teamwork.
- Affordable treatment plans- Prime Heart and Vascular allows different insurance plans to cover for your payments. You should call the practice to determine your eligibility for coverage based on your insurance plan.
Dr. Shah specializes in preventing amputations. In case you have symptoms or worries about peripheral artery disease. To visit Dr. Shah, you can call the practice at 832-610-3123, text 972-947-9552, or book an appointment online.