Florida Airplane & Helicopter Accident Lawyer
They say that flying is the safest way to travel, but accidents can happen even with the sturdiest of planes. An airplane or helicopter accident can devastate everyone involved in it, which is why they are some of the most likely cases to end up in court.
Finding an airplane accident lawyer in Florida isn’t easy, despite the ample amount of aviation hotspots the state has to offer. However, if you were involved in an accident, you absolutely need to find an airplane accident lawyer to help you out.
What Can An Airplane Accident Lawyer Help Out With?
Airplane accidents are not like most other personal injury lawsuits. They involve far more people than a typical accident would, and also have more far-reaching implications. Aviation lawyers can help parties with:
- Getting Compensation. Helicopter and plane crash lawsuit settlements don’t happen without the help of a lawyer. If you were injured or had a loved one die because of an accident, getting a lawyer is your best bet for getting the full amount of money you’re entitled to.
- Determining Fault. Who is to blame if two helicopters crash into one another? Who is to blame if the airplane’s engine fails? A lawyer will be able to help determine who the liable party is.
- Accident Litigation Defense. Let’s say that you were potentially held liable for the accident, or that you were notified that you may be a liable party involved in a case. If this happens, a lawyer is an absolute must.
- Insurance Compensation. Insurance companies are often involved in airplane accident cases. Lawyers are able to ensure that all parties are treated fairly by the insurers.
- Property Damage. Though rare, there are cases where airplane and helicopter shrapnel cause damage to houses below. Believe it or not, an airplane accident lawyer will be able to help aggrieved parties get the compensation they deserve.
Do You Have A Right To Ask For Damages?
Airplane accidents are absolutely devastating and have far-reaching consequences for everyone involved. You might not realize how many people can be involved in a settlement case. You should consider calling a lawyer if any of the following are true:
- You were involved in an airplane or helicopter accident, and were injured. This is the most obvious reason, but it’s still worth pointing out. Even if it’s a mild injury, you still may have a legitimate case for compensation.
- You had a loved one who died as a result of an aviation accident. Not all injured parties make it through alright. If your loved one died as a result of the crash, you can file a claim as a surviving relative or spouse.
- An airplane or helicopter accident caused damage to your home or property. This is a surprisingly common reason for people who weren’t on the plane to ask for compensation. If you find shrapnel damage to your home, take a photo and call a lawyer.
- You were already offered flight accident compensation, but you don’t know if you should take it. Airplane and helicopter companies often will take the first step when it comes to offering a settlement. It may seem like a good thing, but it often isn’t. Companies typically “low ball” the offer, which means that you should contact a lawyer before you accept the settlement.
- Your travel insurance denied a claim involving a helicopter or airplane accident. Sometimes, travel insurance will try to avoid payouts relating to an aviation accident on grounds that the plane crash lawsuit settlement should cover everything. If this happens, give a lawyer a call.
There is no doubt that airplane crashes can be some of the most life-altering crashes out there. If you are the survivor of such an accident or are seeking compensation for the loss of a loved one, then don’t hesitate in finding an airplane accident lawyer who can help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve.