There are a lot of things that can happen when you first find out that you have cancer. One of the first things your doctor will do will be to refer you to an oncologist Newport Beach. Your first visit to the Oncologist may seem overwhelming, but it does not have to. Here are the top things your doctor will want you to know.
Cancer patients will have to see this type of doctor because they specialize in cancer treatment. They will want you to know:
- That cancers are random occurrences.
- Cancer treatment has come a long way.
- Bring a visitor with you to appointments.
- Document everything.
- Ask specific questions.
- They want you to tell them your wishes.
- Treatments are tailored to each patient.
- They want you to be comfortable with your treatment path.
- They want you to know what success is for you.
- They want to see honesty.
- They will tell you when to call for things.
There are a lot of things that will be happening as your journey the path of cancer treatment. But you do not walk it alone. Your oncologist will be you all along the way and giving you information that you need to be victorious.