The benefits of living a healthy life for fertility
Causes of infertility may differ for different people, but no matter the reason, making a few changes in lifestyle choices can significantly affect reproductive health. As per the words of Dr. Shweta, the best IVF doctor in Noida, at Zeeva IVF clinic in Noida, a healthy lifestyle can increase the success rates of fertility treatment exponentially and hence help in improving fertility health.
How does a healthy lifestyle benefit fertility?
According to the best IVF doctor in Noida at Zeeva IVF clinic in Noida, Dr. Shweta, some ways in which a healthy lifestyle can affect fertility are as follows.
- Influence of diet on fertility
As genuinely stated by a famous saying, a man becomes what he eats. Though diet does not directly impact fertility, specific health issues that can develop because of a bad diet can affect fertility negatively. Also certain conditions like PCOD can also develop in women of reproductive age due to poor lifestyle and dietary choices, which can cause harm to reproductive health.
- Benefits of exercising on fertility
Regular exercise can keep both the body as well as the mind healthy. It can also make it easier for the woman or the man to maintain a healthy BMI and hence prevent them from developing fertility issues due to problems like obesity. Obesity in men can lead to poor quality and mobility of the sperm, while obesity in women can deteriorate the health of the eggs and the ovaries, which can interfere with their menstrual cycle. Moreover, the chances of miscarriage and complications during pregnancy are also higher in obese women. The success rates of assisted fertilization through procedures like IVF or ICSI are also lower in such patients. In addition to this, regular exercise can help in maintaining hormonal balance and also keep you free from too much stress. All these elements can have an impact on the fertility of both partners.
Though exercise is necessary, too much exercise can also cause harm. Too much physical activity reduces progesterone production and hence causes conceiving problems.
- Effect of sleep on fertility
Sleep can help in regulating hormones as well as give the body enough time to recharge itself again. The body needs time and rest to maintain itself and function properly, especially if you are a woman who is trying to conceive. If the body is not able to rest properly, it can have a harmful impact on your reproductive health.
- Effects of exposure to certain chemicals
Over-exposure to some chemicals like PCBs, pesticides, and phthalates for a very long period of time can create problems in fertility.
- Impacts of drinking and smoking on fertility
Some researchers have shown that overconsumption of alcohol can cause certain ovarian disorders in women, which in turn can reduce fertility to massive levels and make it harder to conceive. Drinking, as well as smoking, is very harmful to reproductive health. In males, smoking can deteriorate the quality as well as reduce the count of sperm. In females, smoking can age the ovaries at a much faster pace and cause many problems in getting pregnant.
Some tips for maintaining a healthy life
As per consultation with Dr. Shweta, who is the best IVF doctor in Noida at Zeeva clinic, also the best IVF clinic in Noida, some ways in which one can take care of their reproductive as well as overall health and live a healthy life are as follows.
- Have a balanced meal that is full of nutrition.
- Work out at least 3-4 days a week and try to be active during the day.
- Opt for techniques like yoga and meditation that can help you in managing stress and keep your mind healthy.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine or alcohol.
- Try to quit smoking, especially during the time you’re trying to conceive, or at least limit your smoking intake.
- Eat foodstuffs that are rich in fiber and antioxidants.
- Avoid overconsumption of red meat, sugary beverages, and highly processed foods.
- Try to include foods such as beans, lentils, walnuts, and fruits that are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Eat green leafy vegetables that are good sources of folic acid.
- Have a good and refreshing sleep every night.
A healthy lifestyle can help you in conceiving to a great extent. Adapting to a healthy lifestyle can open the doors to accomplishing your dream of having a child. Also, consulting a good doctor who can guide you is always an excellent choice to boost your treatment results. Dr. Shweta Goswami is the best IVF doctor in Noida to guide you. Consulting her at Zeeva IVF clinic in Noida can help you improve your chances of successfully having a baby without complications.