Merits and Demerits of Dental Veneers Discussed- Making the Right Decision
A smile is the most important feature of a person and people will notice your smile as the first thing. If you have a broken, chipped or stained tooth, Tomball veneers are the best option because they can correct dental imperfection and offer the best treatment for your aesthetic and physical problems related to your teeth.
Understanding dental veneer
A dental veneer is a permanent solution to correct the teeth imperfections such as chipped and broken teeth. They are thin porcelain or resin coverings that are bonded to the tooth surface. Since they are permanent it is important to assess the pros and cons of dental veneers.
Pros of dental veneers
- Improves your smile- One of the most remarkable benefits of this treatment is that you won’t have to hide your smile behind your lips because of broken and chipped teeth. We all tend to lose the beauty of our teeth because of drinking coffee, eating pigmented and fast foods and even smoking. They lose their shine and look shabby and dull. If you want to whiten your teeth, you must go for teeth veneers.
- Correcting damaged enamel- With the help of teeth veneers, enamel abrasion and erosion can be controlled. Natural enamel can be destroyed due to eating acidic foods and taking hard drinks. If you have acid reflux problems, it can damage the natural enamel, which cannot grow back. That’s why, it is a matter of concern. After getting this treatment, your teeth will look great.
- Eliminate cosmetic problems- This dental treatment is effective on many cosmetic issues such as broken teeth, misalignment and discoloration. No one can even make out if you have dental veneers placed in the front of your teeth. They will be as shiny as the natural ones.
Cons of dental veneers
- Changed sensitivity- Many people have reported that the sensitivity of their teeth has increased after getting dental veneers.
- Higher costs- One of the reasons why people may decline this treatment is its higher costs. The factors that decide the costs may include your location, number of teeth to restore and your dentist. It is suggested to compare a number of them so that you can choose the most affordable and the experienced one.
Before making the final decision, you should know that this treatment is permanent. You will not be able to reverse its effects. You must fix up an appointment well in advance.