Laminate flooring and carpet floorings are two of the easiest floors to set up in your house. While having options seems like a good thing, in this case, it makes arriving at a decision a bit too hard a task. Well, we cannot decide for you. But we can surely help you out in the process.
Below given are some of the pros and cons of both – laminate and carpet floors. You can go through them and decide as to which flooring would be the best for you.
Here are some of the pros and cons of laminate flooring that will help you create a better picture of the option.
- Laminate floors cost-effective. They are quite cheap.
- While they are quite pocket-friendly, they look quite good after the installation as well- thus giving your house a good appearance. In this regard, wood laminate flooring would be a great option to go with.
- They are water-resistant.
- The last for quite some time- as long as a decade even.
- They are quite vulnerable to sharp objects and can get damaged by them easily.
- While the appearance that they give to your house is good enough, it lacks a certain classy and sophisticated feel- for instance, vinyl plank flooring.
Here are some of the pros and cons of carpet flooring that will help you create a better picture of the option.
- These floorings give an excellent texture to the floors in your house.
- They are quite cheap given the appearance that they give to the interior of your house.
- Pleasant to walk on and gives a cozy feeling to the rooms in which they are installed.
- They need regular cleaning and accumulate a lot of dust and pollen in them.
- They need to be used extremely delicately.
- Once a damaged, carpet floors are not easily replaceable.
Now that you know all the facts and figures, it must be rather easy for you to make a decision. But of course, you can reach out to any flooring services near you and ask for their guidance on the matter as well.