How Does PRP Therapy Work?
Pain management involves different techniques to relieve pain, including medicines, surgery, and therapies. You may underrate pain, but in reality, it can damage your physical and mental world. Finding the right treatment for your pain may be the ideal decision for your health and wellness.
There are various treatments for pain depending on the cause of your pain. However, your provider may also combine treatments for improved results. PRP therapy in Jacksonville is among the pain management techniques available at Florida Regional Pain Management, P.A. Learn more about what it entails by contacting their office today.
What is PRP therapy?
PRP or platelet-rich plasma therapy involves using platelets present in your blood to enhance healing in specific areas. Usually, the body uses platelets for regeneration.
When hurt, the body sends the platelets to the affected part. The platelets promote blood clotting and provide the growth factors to repair damaged tissue.
Your provider takes your blood sample during PRP therapy. Then centrifuged it to concentrate the platelets. Then uses imaging guidance to guide the PRP injection into the targeted area.
Once the PRP is in your body, it stimulates healing and promotes the production of growth factors on the targeted area, hence using them to repair the damaged tissues.
What conditions can PRP therapy treat?
PRP therapy provides a perfect option for pain treatments, relieving your pain and restoring your health. At Florida Regional Pain Management, Dr. Manohar uses PRP therapy to treat various issues, including
- Ligament tears
- Tendon injuries
- Golfers elbow
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Strains and sprains
- Whiplash injuries
- Meniscus tear
What makes PRP therapy effective for pain management?
Besides accelerating the healing process, PRP therapy provides excellent results. PRP therapy can also be useful in
- Producing more protein to reduce the pain sensation
- Stimulating the formation of new cartilage
- Lowers friction and pain in joints producing more joint fluid
- Reducing inflammation for osteoarthritis hence slowing down its progression
What to expect after a PRP therapy?
PRP therapy requires no downtime; hence you can have the treatment and continue with your day’s activities. The injected platelets improve the healing process, repair the damaged tissues, alleviate pain and restore your health, allowing you to continue your daily activities.
What are the benefits of PRP therapy?
PRP therapy is a minimally invasive treatment with endless advantages to human health, especially in treating musculoskeletal injuries. Some of the PRP therapy benefits include
- Provides lasting results for low back pain, unlike other treatments
- Enhances speedy healing for sport injuries
- Effective in reducing inflammation
- Provides relief for knee osteoarthritis
- PRP therapy is safe and effective pain management treatment
- It uses your natural blood hence does not result in any adverse reactions
- In addition to pain management, PRP therapy also provides excellent results for hair restoration and facial rejuvenation
Contact a PRP therapy specialist today
PRP therapy involves using your platelets to stimulate the body’s natural healing process, enhancing the repair of the damaged tissue. At Florida, Regional Pain Management uses PRP therapy to provide exceptional care in treating various pain conditions. To learn more about the treatment, contact the practice to book your consultation.