All You Need to Know About Racking Systems
A racking system like the ones offered by NTL Storage is a storage system that is used to support materials in a warehouse or other storage facility. There are several different types of racking systems, each of which has its own benefits and drawbacks. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the different types of racking systems and their benefits so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for your needs.
Types of Racking Systems
There are several types of racking systems:
- Selective Racking System: This type of system is the most versatile and can be used for any type of product. The selective racks have adjustable beams that can be moved up or down to accommodate different sized products.
- Push Back Racking System: This type of system is typically used for high-density storage and allows for quick and easy access to stored items. Push back racks have carts that roll on rails, which makes it easy to load and unload products.
- Drive In Racking System: This type of system is best suited for warehouses with limited space. Drive in racks are stacked vertically, which allows for more products to be stored in a smaller space.
- Gravity Flow Racking System: This type of system uses gravity to move products from one side of the rack to the other. Gravity flow racks are typically used for merchandise that has a expiration date or needs to be rotated stock on a regular basis.
- Pallet Racks: A pallet rack is composed of two major parts, the uprights and the crossbeams. The uprights are placed vertically while the crossbeams are horizontal in nature. These two parts work together in order to provide stability and support for the items that need to be stored on top of the racks. This type of rack is usually seen in warehouses because it can accommodate heavy and bulky items. Aside from that, it can also be used in retail establishments.
- Cantilever Racks: A cantilever rack is also composed of two parts, the uprights and the arms. The only difference between this type of rack and a pallet rack is that the arms of a cantilever rack are not placed horizontally. Instead, they are angled in order to provide more stability for awkwardly shaped items or those that need to be stored on an incline. This type of rack is commonly seen in hardware stores, lumberyards, and even garages.
Benefits of Using a Racking System
There are several benefits to using a racking system, including:
- Increased Storage Capacity: By using a racking system, you can increase your storage capacity by up to 50%.
- Improved Organization: Racks provide a way to organize your inventory so that it is easy to find what you need when you need it.
- Reduced Product Damage: When products are properly stored in racks, they are less likely to be damaged during shipping or handling.
- Enhanced Employee Safety: Racks help to prevent employee injuries by keeping stored items off the floor and away from high traffic areas.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a way to increase your storage capacity and improve the organization of your warehouse, then you should consider investing in a racking system. There are several different types of racking systems available, each of which has its own unique benefits. Be sure to choose the right type of system for your needs so that you can get the most out of it. Check out NTL Storage for their various kinds of racking systems.