Gynecology and obstetrics are twin topics that deal with the female reproductive system. While obstetrics takes care of maternity as well as its associated treatments as well as problems, gynecology entails treating women that are not expecting.
Gynecology comprises both medications as well as surgical fields, while many of the gynecological illnesses require hormonal as well as various other pharmacological management, fibroids cancer cells, and so in need of surgical elimination.
Functions of a gynecologist
Gynecologists make use of a variety of diagnostic as well as healing treatments. Several of the treatments that are widely used in gynecology include:
- Hysterectomy or elimination of the uterus with gynecological instruments.
- Removal of fallopian tubes throughout surgery
- Ovary removal
- Colposcopy as well as hysteroscopy, where the within the womb is seen using endoscope like tools
- Cone biopsies are taken from the inside of the walls of the uterus, if it is presumed that the patient has cancer of the womb
- Taking biopsy or tissue examples from the cervix, if cancer is presumed
- Ultrasound evaluation of the reproductive organs
- Taking regular Pap smears from the cervix in order to diagnose as well as identify cervix cancer cells
- Laparoscopy or picturing the internal abdominal organs of the female reproductive system as well as a medical diagnosis as well as the elimination of cysts and infections from the ovaries and also fallopian tubes
- Diagnosis as well as treatment of sexually transferred infections
- Elimination of womb fibroids
- Diagnosis as well as therapy of urinary system incontinence
- Diagnosis issues with menstruation like heavy bleeding, absence, irregular or no-onset of menstruation, etc.
- Medical diagnosis and therapy of cancers cells of cervix, vulva, vaginal area, uterus or ovary in addition to a team of medical professionals as well as specialists consisting of an oncologist or cancer cells expert
Training Needed to Become a Gynecologist
To become a certified gynecologist, both obstetrics and gynecology are picked as specialism topics.
A degree in medication followed by two years of training is called for. This is after that complied with postgraduate training in obstetrics as well as gynecology.